We hope this message finds you healthy and adjusting to this unexpected new way of living as we continue to sort through the rapidly evolving personal and global impact of COVID-19. Keeping our patients, our staff and our community safe is our guiding principle. During the brief period of time that we suspended most in-person clinical services, our team was able to perform a thorough internal risk assessment and focus on developing necessary adjustments to treatment protocols, clinic processes, staff training, remote work and resources needed to resume vital care in a prepared environment.
Having now implemented these changes, along with updated recommendations from the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, we are pleased to be able to resume providing selected services at our center. We understand such uncertain circumstances create fear and anxiety. We hope that by sharing some of the changes you can expect at our office, it will ease some of those feelings as we welcome you back into our clinic.
- As we gradually restart treatment, our staff will be reaching out to our patients. We will schedule you for a video or phone consult with your physician to review your treatment plan and address COVID-19 concerns. We are also beginning to schedule fertility testing such as sonohysterograms, mock embryo transfers, semen analyses, and endometrial (ERA) biopsies.
- We are utilizing a modified check-in and check-out process. Upon arrival to our office, please park in a patient labeled spot then call us at (616) 988-2229 ext. 111.
- All patients and staff will be asked COVID-19 screening questions and have their temperature taken prior to entering the office.
- To protect yourself, fellow patients and staff, we ask all patients to wear a face covering in the office. Staff will also be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment. While we wish we could welcome you back with open arms, we must refrain from hugs and handshakes at this time.
- To help limit exposure and disease transmission, we are asking patients to come unaccompanied to appointments and procedures, including minors. Alternative methods of support person participation are encouraged via phone or video.
- In-office scheduling and patient flow has been adjusted to allow for social distancing and extra cleaning and sterilization of the office. Patients and staff will continue frequent hand washing and sanitizer use.
- We will continue utilizing telehealth appointments as much as possible.
If you or anyone else in your household develop symptoms of COVID-19 and/or tests positive for COVID-19, fertility testing and treatment will need to be delayed. If you become sick, please contact your primary care provider or local hospital to determine next steps. Please update our team as soon as possible, even if this is after your most recent visit with us.
We recognize that this virus will remain a safety consideration for some time. Should you choose to continue to delay treatment, that is okay. Staying up to date is essential because there is so much about COVID-19 that is unknown. While the very limited available data regarding COVID-19 in pregnancy is encouraging, the definitive impact of this novel coronavirus on maternal and fetal wellbeing is not known and will not be known for some time. The CDC, ACOG, ASRM and March of Dimes frequently update their websites as more information becomes available.
We will continue to monitor, reassess and modify clinic operations as community conditions evolve. This will allow us to balance patient and staff safety with the importance of continuing time-sensitive reproductive care. Thank you for your ongoing kindness, courage and understanding. We and your fellow patients appreciate your commitment to taking these precautions so that together we can continue our shared mission of family building.
Please know we are doing our best to support you and treat all of our patients with the best clinical care and safety measures possible. We understand that delays in treatment can be very difficult and emotionally heavy. It can be easy to worry, second guess ourselves, and dip a toe into catastrophic thinking. Rest assured, your feelings are normal. It can be helpful to work towards balancing those thoughts and prioritizing your own well-being. We are here to support you through your journey. Below, you will find a few quick ideas to help manage some of that anxiety.
Use this challenging time to reconnect with your core goals and preserve the confidence that you will have your family. As always, you can schedule a complimentary counseling appointment with our on-staff counselor by calling our scheduling department or attending our Exhale support group (updates on social media).
We welcome your feedback as we coordinate next steps and encourage the use of MyHealth. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Your Fertility Center Family
*RESOLVE: fertility patient education and support resources including COVID19 and infertility
*Insight Timer–free app for guided meditations
*Stress reduction ideas during COVID19 for fertility patients
We began trying for a family and after a year with no luck, we were referred to The Fertility Center. I was so nervous for our first appointment, but left feeling at ease and ready to start treatment. Dr. Dodds was so personal, informative, patient and...