Mili Thakur MD (Left) & Mary DeGrandchamp, CGC (Right)
At The Fertility Center (TFC), we strive to provide excellent, individualized, patient-centered care. We recognize that genomics is a vital part of personalized medicine. We offer the unique collaboration of a board-certified geneticist and a genetic counselor to assist patients and providers in navigating and understanding the latest genetic information and technology. Our goal is to empower individuals to make informed choices about their genetic health and incorporate this information into their fertility care.
We specialize in genetic consultations for individuals interested in learning more about their reproductive health and the health of their future family.
Areas of Expertise:
- Carriers of a genetic condition
- Personal or family history of a known or potential genetic condition
- Individuals with a chromosome abnormality
- Preimplantation genetic testing (PGT)
- Advanced parental age
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Primary ovarian insufficiency
- Men with severe sperm abnormalities
If your provider recommends or you are interested in a genetic consultation, the following is what to expect:
- 30-60 minute appointment with a genetic counselor and/or geneticist
- Detailed family history and review of medical records
- Discussion of genetic risk factors
- Explanation of complex genetic concepts and techniques
- Discussion of genetic test options and facilitation of testing if desired
- Interpretation of genetic test results
- Collaboration with your physician(s) on your treatment plan
- Follow-up consultation if needed
- Referral to other providers when necessary
- Ongoing support throughout your decision making process and care
We began trying for a family and after a year with no luck, we were referred to The Fertility Center. I was so nervous for our first appointment, but left feeling at ease and ready to start treatment. Dr. Dodds was so personal, informative, patient and...